Sunday, August 28, 2005

Damnit all again !!!1111!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!



While air dusting my motherboard and CPU, I discover that the capacitors on my motherboard have begun to leak electrolytes. Basically, all the time I spent last weekend reinstalling Windows, game, etc. was for nothing. I now have to go and buy a new motherboard and wipe my hard drive and start all over again. =(

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out Badcaps.net.

I'm thinking about going for the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard. This would mean that I have to upgrade my CPU from my Pentium 4 2.0GHz. I currently have my eye on AMD's Athlon64 3200+ (socket 939, of course). It also means that I have to upgrade my RAM to dual channel RAM. Yeah, I could just keep my current CPU and save trouble but I figure that if I'm going to upgrade the motherboard I should just upgrade the CPU as well.

I was hoping that my current system would last until AMD's Athlon64 X2 chips got cheaper, but I have to upgrade now or risk losing this new hard drive.

I'm going to spend another day-off from work fixing my computer... At least I enjoy building computers, otherwise I'd be really upset.

No comments: