Thursday, June 01, 2006

Still in shock

It's been a good two weeks after E3 2006 and I, as well as many other gamers across the globe, am still reeling from the stick shock price of the PS3. I'm so shocked, in fact, that the Xbox 360 is looking to be the more attractive secondary console for me. Naturally, this will all depend on whether Microsoft can pull the big titles away from Sony.

In my opinion, Sony seems to be digging the deepest grave in the history of grave making when they claim that the PS3 will overtake/replace PCs. I also feel that Sony should just admit that they're scared of the Wiimote. It really couldn't be more obvious than it already is.


I'm confused by Microsoft and Sony's designs for their next-gen systems. While consoles from Nintendo are getting smaller and smaller. My understanding in the Japanese market is that they prefer smaller electronics since their apartments are extremely small. I assumed that this was one of the deciding factors of the Xbox in the Japanese market. I could be wrong though.

I think it's sad that Microsoft will eventually pull the plug on backwards compatibility for the Xbo 360. Most of the 200+ Xbox games that are ready to play on the 360 suck major ass. Could they at least get Panzer Dragoon Orta working? I'd be happy if they got that working. I'm also more than positive that there are plenty of people that want to play their Xbox games on their 360. They're not showing interest plainly because Microsoft is emulating the wrong games.


Occasionally, we play Super Smash Bros. Melee at the office. I knew I was bad at the game, but playing with the guys at GameSpy really showed me how bad I really am. Regardless of coming in 4th place 99% of the time, it's a blast to play. I'm really looking forward to Wii's Super Smash Bros. Brawl, especially the online mode because then I'll be able to play Smash Bros. with my friends back in South San Francisco.


When I first heard that the Transformers animated movie was being released on DVD, I was hoping for a higher quality transfer. Needless to say, I was really disappointed with the lack of widescreen mode and a low quality video transfer. Years later, I'm pleased to hear that the movie will be getting the DVD release that I've been wanting all this time. To celebrate this release, Hasbro is also releasing a tribute line of toys in November. Starscream and Optimus Prime look particularly cool. While he is back in his gun-form, Megatron is nowhere near as cool as he was in the 1980's.

As if November (Fall-Winter 2006) wasn't expensive enough already. =D

No comments: