Thursday, July 19, 2007

My New Expensive Toy

Set up the PlayStation 3 and the girlfriend says "It takes up too much space." The PS3 really is an eyesore and looks out of place.

Let's not forget how much heat the unit generates when simply idling. Always place the PS3 in a well ventilated area, preferably with a desk fan blowing cool air towards the unit. Well, I'm not sure if the last part is necessary - or even helps at all.

And what's up with downloaded games having to be installed? Isn't this a video game console, not a Windows PC? =\

I do like that the PS3 is relatively quiet compared to the Xbox 360. But that's about it so far. No games for my PS3 until Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out in 2008. Well, that is if you don't count PS2 games, of which there's plenty for me to play with upscaled graphics and smooth shading.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night with smooth shading puts the Xbox 360 version to shame.

No comments: