Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Grass is Always Greener

I've had a Macbook Pro for just about a month now and I'm willing to admit that yes, all those Apple freaks I've been making fun of all these years were right. Apple makes one damn fine computer. Mac OS X is truly an amazing piece of software engineering, as every little detail that you'd think they'd glance over was taken care of with care. Many times I've been doing something I'd normally do on Windows and it was made so much easier to do on Mac OS X.

Maybe I what I really want to say is that Mac OS X is a more efficient OS to use. I can see many aspects of Mac OS X that Microsoft has tried to copy in Windows XP and Windows Vista, but ultimately screwed up in some way or another. For example, Mac OS X has something similar to UAC on Vista. Yet somehow it doesn't seem as intrusive or annoying as it does on Vista. I don't really understand why that is, but it just is.

I never really thought I'd be recommending buying a Mac to anyone, but here I am telling everyone I know how great these machines are. My only real issue with the Mac platform is the continuing lack of options for gaming. Hopefully this will change with time. But if not, well, there's always the work machines or my Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, etc.

Probably the final question to answer is: would I buy another Mac in 5 years or so? Well, right now I'd say definitely but as we've all seen with me, anything can change.

No comments: