Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dead Rising Scares Me

I've been wanting to play Dead Rising for about half a month now, but find myself unable to boot up my Xbox 360 and play that game. It's not that I'm bored by the game or have some other game to play, I'm scared of it. No, the game isn't that scary. What I mean is that I'm scared of the game breaking my $400 gaming investment. Ever since Dead Rising came out, there have been rumors of it literally causing Xbox 360s to die. At first I thought that it was just the initial batch of Xbox 360s sold last year that were failing and even then I assumed that people were just not treating their console with care. Then I started hearing about how some new Xbox 360s were dying as soon as Dead Rising was booted up. Now I find myself unable to play Dead Rising due to being afraid that it'll cause my Xbox 360 to die. (It costs $180 to have the console refurbished by Microsoft.)

I know, it's stupid to not play this game because of this phobia. There are millions of Xbox 360s in the world and a good portion of them playing Dead Rising I'd assume. The percentage of failure is relatively small, about 5% I think. Are these systems just poorly manufactured or were they the victim of a lack of T-L-C?

I really want to play Dead Rising, but I don't want my Xbox 360 to die. Hopefully I'll be able to just throw the phobia out the window and just enjoy this awesome game before the Wii launches.

No comments: