Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Seriously Annoyed

Lucky me. I finally get a moment to play some Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 27 hours into the game, just about ready to go to the Sky Temple. But no, I run into a known glitch that leaves me no choice but to start over from the beginning.

The glitch goes like this:
Once you collect all 6 symbols to unlock the statue that blocks the cannon to the Sky Temple and enter the room if you save and exit the game after this, you cannot continue because an NPC that should be in the room isn't there when you load your save game. You have to talk to him in order to progress the story and advance to the Sky Temple. (See attached video below for an example.)

That just sucks.

On one hand, I don't mind because Twilight Princess is a really fun game. On the other hand, I'm really seriously annoyed that a simple glitch like this got past Nintendo QA.



Time to start my adventures in Hyrule once again... and delay playing FFXII and finishing Okami until much later. =(

Update: I'm glad that GameFAQs has save files for download. Huzzah for standardized data storage!

No comments: