Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Colossal Squid

Ever since I learned about their existence, I've been fascinated by giant and colossal squid. I'm not intrigued by the tales of the Kraken but just interested in learning more about how they grow to become that size and just what the hell they do their whole lives.

In fact, I remember i wanted to go for marine biology as my major because of my fascination over these squid. I guess my dislike of swimming overcame that real easy.

I still enjoy learning about these animals and I watch and read everything that I can. So when I read news about a complete colossal squid being caught, I just get totally re-energized about the animal all over again.

It's really cool stuff and makes one wonder what else lies in the depths of Earth's oceans.

No comments: